Tuesday, January 22, 2008
A Quick LT Run
So I got to the fitness center in my office park yesterday at Lunch Time to give a run a try. It is a small facility and I was worried that I'd get there and all the machines would be used so I left 15 minutes early and was able to get one. I started out kind of slow so I could get used to treadmill running again - almost like getting your "sea legs". The first mile came up and then I increased the speed and then continued to do so until I was running 7:30/miles at the end. Needless to say I was exhausted, but it felt good to go fast.
I think I'll keep it at a more reasonable 8:30/mile pace for next run. I have realized I have a long way to go to get ready for the half marathon in May... I love challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Dreadmill, eh? Those are some pretty fast times! Are you running Geist or the Mini? Try the elliptical next time. I did one mile at a level 2 and died.
Post a Comment