Sunday, January 04, 2009
Coffee Snob
I am a coffee snob.
Okay. I've said it. I never really thought of myself as such, but it occurred to me yesterday when I ordered a coffee from Starbucks and thought it tasted awful. I've had coffee from there before, but in comparison to the coffee I have recently been drinking it sucks.
Back in 2005 Steph and I went to Key West. I'm a big Jimmy Buffett fan, so I was excited to go. I did a little research of things to do and found a coffee roaster down there, so made it a point to visit. I was not disappointed in the least. The coffee was exquisite. They roast in small batches and can control the roasting process much better than say a Starbucks that roasts mass quantities. The coffee is so smooth and wonderful I can't say enough about it. The name of the place is Baby's Coffee - "the southernmost coffee roaster in America"
Anyway, getting back to my point (I had a point?) - Since that trip, every Christmas I've gotten coffee from there as a present from Steph. Each year I get one more pound of coffee - to try to get me through the year (which it never does). I suppose I could order my own, but it wouldn't be as special, but then half the year I am stuck with some mediocre coffee that gets me through somehow.
So for now, I am enjoying every last drop of coffee. Sometimes its the little things that mean the most...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment