Tuesday, September 06, 2011

LOST: My Running Mojo

I am not sure what happened, but I feel burned out. My running went from on track, to derailed, to back on track, to run out of steam. My goal of a marathon this year is about dashed - with only one hope left -- a December Marathon.

In trying to figure out what went wrong, I came to the conclusion: It doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is I am not running. I have a desire to (especially when the temperatures drop like they did this weekend), but yet I did not feel compelled to get out. It was much too easy to do other things (of which I have plenty to do). I think if all the "other stuff" were done, I'd feel like I could go out for a run. Problem is, it's a never ending list of stuff, so I need to break this cycle.

Here it is September already. The summer was a blur -- very busy at work, very busy with the race plans, trying to keep on top of all things and somewhere in there I did run (not always with great consistency, but I ran nonetheless). Now is the time to renew my bond with the trails and prepare for the fall running season. I just need to find time, er, I mean make some time.

My 39th birthday is less than 2 weeks away... 39. Wow. I have a year left to celebrate my 30's. I will want to celebrate it with something big at the end... perhaps a marathon? 

Only time will tell.

No comments: