Mini Marathon #6...After what I thought was my best run last year (I finally broke the two hour mark) I ran a perfect race - or a near perfect race.
One could not have asked for better weather - perfect. Started out at 47 degrees and sunny. I felt great the entire race, which was a miracle in itself as I hadn't had a really good run in the weeks leading up to the race. I went into the race with the attitude of having fun and not worrying about my pace or time. I ran it easy and felt great the entire race - I never slowed down - pretty much ran even splits - perfect.
I have to give credit to my friend Brooke, whom I ran the first 10 - 11 miles with. We talked the entire time, cathcing up on stuff since we hadn't had a single training run together this year. It was great. The track didn't even seem daunting as it had in past years - perfect.
Okay, maybe it wasn't perfect in all aspects, but it was damn close and for a guy like me and I am going to call it perfect. I think the photo speaks for itself - it is at the end of the race when I usually feel tired, but I am smiling...
My euphoria is over already, but I have been working very hard at work the last few months and I am needing a break. I want to run, but have not run this week. I am going to try to make it out for a run this weekend just for fun - no expectations on pace or time. Maybe I'll have another "perfect" run...
Friday, May 12, 2006
the perfect race
Mini Marathon #6...After what I thought was my best run last year (I finally broke the two hour mark) I ran a perfect race - or a near perfect race.
One could not have asked for better weather - perfect. Started out at 47 degrees and sunny. I felt great the entire race, which was a miracle in itself as I hadn't had a really good run in the weeks leading up to the race. I went into the race with the attitude of having fun and not worrying about my pace or time. I ran it easy and felt great the entire race - I never slowed down - pretty much ran even splits - perfect.
I have to give credit to my friend Brooke, whom I ran the first 10 - 11 miles with. We talked the entire time, cathcing up on stuff since we hadn't had a single training run together this year. It was great. The track didn't even seem daunting as it had in past years - perfect.
Okay, maybe it wasn't perfect in all aspects, but it was damn close and for a guy like me and I am going to call it perfect. I think the photo speaks for itself - it is at the end of the race when I usually feel tired, but I am smiling...
My euphoria is over already, but I have been working very hard at work the last few months and I am needing a break. I want to run, but have not run this week. I am going to try to make it out for a run this weekend just for fun - no expectations on pace or time. Maybe I'll have another "perfect" run...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment