Thursday, November 23, 2006

happy thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!
Today was the day for my race - the Drumstick Dash, a 4.5 mile run. I ran it for the first time last year and had a good time (and I PR'd with a pace of a sub-8:00/mile). I was looking to find some more speed again this year - especially since I have been improving all of my times in the last year.
Well... the streak has been broken. I did do pretty well -- 36:02 overall - 8:00/mile pace - about 16 seconds slower overall from last year...

It was a little disappointing, but I had a great time. A great set-up and a great cause. It benefits Wheeler Mission which feeds the homeless on Thanksgiving. Before and after the race Starbuck's was there handing out free Gingerbread and Peppermint Lattes as well as their Christmas blend coffee!! Oh so good and so festive - really gets this coffee loving runner in the mood for the season...

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving is a great one!

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like a great race to me! Happy Thanksgiving. :)