Friday, May 25, 2007

interesting developments

My running is still not firing on all cylinders, but I did manage to get two runs in this week. I am gearing up for a 9 mile long run this weekend, so we'll see how it goes. The good thing is the weather should be nice and I have stuff to think about during my run...

Things have finally slowed down at work so I can catch my breath (though this is only temporary). I am actually taking next week off and will be heading to Detroit for a wedding next weekend.

To start my week(Tuesday), I am flying to upstate NY for the day for a golf outing - this is business, but I am hoping it will be fun as well. This is related to a client we have out there and I expressed interest in working with them since I am from New York. Interestingly enough, I was approached on Tuesday and asked if I golfed and would like to go. I usually try to get out of things like this as my golfing is so sporadic (every two years), but I was somewhat interested in getting "in" on the project. Then I received a meeting request about the project, so I accepted and will be meeting this morning to discuss... I did get a little information ahead of time. The gist of the meeting was getting me on board to manage a bunch of projects out there... but there was a twist to some of this - not a catch, just a twist. They have asked me to move out to New York to manage them... this isn't a definite thing. I could still manage it from here, with some trips out there as needed, but they thought since I was from New York I might want to move back out there...

Admittedly, if this were about three years ago, I might have jumped at the chance, but things have changed for me significantly in the last few months that this really isn't an option. So, the plot thickens. I will follow up with more details later... and this isn't even my big announcement...