Tuesday, November 13, 2007

sleep is overrated

To say that I have not been getting much sleep is an understatement. I am tired, but so is Steph. Lillian is on a schedule of sorts (hers), but it is becoming more regular (whatever that means). Today is her first Pediatrician appointment, so we'll see how she is doing. We think she has gained some good weight since she was born, though she still swims in most of her clothes.

My running is still non-existent, but I still have hopes of trying to get out for a run. I can't seem to find the time to do it. It is always in between a feeding and Steph needs time to rest too, so I'm just not sure. If only her mom could have spent any time helping out like she did for both of her sisters boys, but it has been just Steph and myself. My mom did come up for one day last week, which was a huge help. Hopefully she'll come back soon. I know it's only temporary, but I am itching to get out there for a run... especially with the weather being as nice as it has been (minus the rain).

That is all for now - just an update. Hopefully more to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad to hear that Steph's mom hasn't stepped up more, but it doeesn't sound like you are too suprised. Disappointed, I am sure. She is the one missing out on the experience of getting to know her granddaughter. You are being the best, supportive husband for Steph and that means more to her than you know.

On a running note, you are very fit, especially after finishing another marathon, so taking some time off for (clearly) more important things is hardly going to affect you. BUT, if you want to do the DINO run this weekend, let me know and I will swing by and pick you up. Maybe Lilli can go see Daddy run too!