Saturday, November 03, 2007

finally...

It has been a long and tiring week, but Lillian is coming home tomorrow! The doctor has cleared her and she has passed all of her tests with flying colors. We spent the afternoon with her and came home for a nap before we have to go to a work function for Steph... she's feeling guilty about this, but this is very important to her because they are honoring a former client whom she helped and it was planned long before Lilli decided to come early, but it still isn't making it any easier (and her work is not been as understanding as one might think)... hopefully it will be a quick ceremony and then it is back home for our last chance at sleep - something that neither one of us have really had all week.

Both of us are excited, but nervous about bringing her home. We are both doubting our ability to be good parents - why? I guess because we have never been parents and this is for keeps and she is just so tiny... but I am pretty confident it will be fine once we get in a routine. I am going to get something worked out with my job to see if I can work from home for a few days to help ease the transition.

With Lillian being early, we have found ourselves a little caught off guard. We have to finish organizing the kitchen still, but her nursery is all set (even though she'll be in a bassinette in our room - initially anyway).

Lots of other little things that I didn't get to, but none of them important at this time. When they say "You're never ready" it is true. Nothing can prepare you to be ready to have a baby - you just learn to adapt and be flexible.

I'll be honest - I'm a little scared, but my excitement outweighs my fear.

That is all for now. I'll post more as time allows. Tonight's mission is to get the best sleep possible.

3 comments:

Arcane said...

Adorable! Drool never looked so cute! You guys will be great parents!

Anonymous said...

2 months from now, you won't remember what it was like before you had her. You will both be loving, caring, responsible parents and she will be superbly raised. Plus, if you ever need a night to yourselves, a baby sitter (me), is only 5 minutes away (and I only take payment in the form of m&m's)!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! Once you get her home, where she belongs, it will be much easier, and you will be great at this new job!