Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Fast 5k

I did not have a stellar week in running, but I did manage a couple of runs early in the week. This weekend I had intentions of running both Saturday and Sunday - one short and one long run, but time got away from me on Saturday (plus I was exhausted). Luckily when I read the schedule today, it said yesterday was a rest day and today was a 5k race. Without a race, I chose to run a 5k loop through the neighborhood. It was about as warm as it was going to get, so I headed out and apparently went out too fast (a 6:30/mile pace... at least that is what my GPS said). My average for the run was a 7:54/mile pace... not too shabby I suppose.

Looking ahead, I have a busy week at work again, just no out of state traveling this week. I am hoping for 4 days of running this week, not including my weekend run. Hopefully all will go well.

On the home front, it was another good weekend. Lilli continues to grow and take on a personality of her own. She is almost all smiles lately. Today she saw the Easter Bunny while we were out. Next weekend is her baptism. We seem to have gone to great lengths to find a dress for her to where for this monumental occasion. I am sure this will be repeated years down the road when she goes to her first dance, then her prom, and then *gulp* her wedding... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We are enjoying every moment with her and are not wanting her to grow up too fast...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all and to all a good run!

No comments: