So, it's been a bit crazy the last few weeks. The week after the half marathon I did no running whatsoever. This was not planned, nor was I sore or injured, I was just buried in work... ugh. Then came Memorial Day Weekend.
And finally from there, we went to our good friends Tom and Carol for a cookout. By the end of this we were all pretty exhausted, but Lilli did so good. I, unfortunately, came down with more head congestion and ended up not being able to hear in my right ear... the creeping crud apparently still around (I ended up finding out it was an ear infection).
The next day we relaxed a little in the morning then we were off to the in-laws for the "final" cookout at their house. Their house has sold and they have both quit their jobs (last day is today) and are preparing to move to Arizona. On Monday we just hung around the house. I was feeling a bit cruddy still and just needed to relax.
The following week I got in two mid-week runs. Not terrible runs either, but not a long distance run that I felt I needed. Other than that, that was it for the week - not much else to report.
Then last weekend was our neighborhood's garage sale, so we spent Friday night getting stuff together - Steph's parents brought over a bunch of stuff to get rid of as well (including a van). Then that night we had awful storms that knocked out our power around 10:30pm and it didn't come back on until 1:30 pm the next day. But all through the day we worked the garage sale, selling most of Steph's parents stuff - including their van. We made 20% off of their stuff, which was good, since we didn't sell much of our junk... anyone want a drafting table?
Sunday was a blur and then it was back to work on Monday. I very stressful week with tons of work piling on top of me and no end in site. I got in two more mid-week runs but that was all. The weather is supposed to be lousy tomorrow, but I am hoping to get in a good long run some time this weekend - we'll see.
My youngest sister, her husband and my three beautiful nieces are coming in this Sunday and will be here all week. Steph and I are taking Thursday and Friday off to spend time with them. Thursday we are going to the Children's Museum. I am looking forward to going (for selfish reasons - being a big kid at heart). So a nice short work week, but unfortunately it is a short work week - i.e. even more stressful.
No comments:
Post a Comment