Friday, August 08, 2008

Week 1 Training Update

My first full week of training did not go as I had planned. I got in my 3 mile run on Monday, then Tuesday I had leave work early to take Lilli to the doctor and before I knew it the day was over, but I thought I would slide it to Wednesday since it was supposed to be a rest day. Unfortunately, Lilli was still under the weather so I kept her home form daycare and played Mr. Mom for the day and tried to get some work done at the same time...

Needless to say, I did not get my run in. And when Thursday came around, I was not able to get a lunch time run in (I had a meeting at lunch I had forgotten about) and then was meeting up with friends after work. Now I probably could have squeezed a run in somewhere, but I was too tired in the morning to make it out of bed early enough and too tired after work to give it a try. Sounds like excuses to me...

So today is my redemption (hopefully). I'm going up north to a job site to check out the progress, but then am planning to leave work early to get a run in. Keep your fingers crossed...

No comments: