Sunday, March 08, 2009
consistency
The total for my weekly mileage is 25.
That is 25 miles for the week.
2 - 5.
Part of that came because I was so much more consistent in my running (it also didn't hurt that the weather was at an all time awesomeness since about Wednesday. I ran every day since Thursday and it was shear bliss (well, almost. My run on Friday was a rough 3 mile slog that couldn't end soon enough). Friday afternoon had me e-mailing and calling to check on everyone's availability. It was time to gather some people up for a run. Winter is always tough to get people out, but with mid-60's and partly sunny weather for Saturday, there was no problem. Jason, John, Mark and myself decided to run on the Monon trail (along with a huge group of people who had probably hibernated for the winter). It wasn't packed to the point that running was tough or we had to dodge bikers or walkers, but you could tell people were out to enjoy the day. On the schedule was 7 miles (probably far behind where I would normally be in any type of training, but it was what it was). All of us were at different levels in base mileage but we came together for the common goal of getting out for a fun run. The pace probably started out a little fast - about 8:45/mile, but it felt good. On the way back, we slowed down a bit - mainly due to the wind, but also because of the initial pace. John and I picked the pace back up and left Mark and Jason to follow. I was feeling pretty good. Our pace picked back up and kept increasing as we got closer to the end. I think we clocked in 7:00/mile pace in the last 1/4 mile... the weather really has a way of '"enhancing" your run...
Then today I got out for another run, this time with Brooke. We didn't have a specific distance we were going to go, but threw out 3 to 4 miles as a start. It still felt so great out even though it was overcast and a little humid. We ended up doing 7 miles. I feel great for getting out both days and getting in some good quality runs, not to mention getting my total weekly miles back where I want them. A very busy week at work this week, so hopefully and can keep my running going. More to post a little later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment