Wednesday, February 25, 2009
a streak of sorts
I had a nice run on Sunday with Brooke and John. 5 miles on the trail, with an easy recovery walk at the end. The weather was a little cool, but not bad in the woods.
Since Sunday I have run three days in a row. The streak was broken this morning, but I decided it best not to push it for a couple of reasons: I was feeling a little tired and I didn't want to increase my mileage too quickly since I have been so inconsistent. Ironically, it was actually above freezing this morning, so my run would have been kind of nice. Well, there's always tomorrow (plus I am taking a vacation day so I might try to run during the daylight... *insert big smile here*). I am hoping to get my mileage up around 20 - 25 miles / week by mid-March as I stretch my long runs a little further. Currently, the only race I am training for is Dances with Dirt, so there is some time yet, but I'd like to get to at least a 10 mile trail run before then.
Not much else to report - shoes are feeling good. A nice, comfortable ride. I have a mid-test feedback report to complete around March 11th so I'll have a few more miles on them by then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment