Life goes on...
Well, yeah, it does, doesn't it? Even when we don't want it to right away. So, after 2 months, my running is getting back to a routine - something I needed for sure. A trip out to Arizona turned out to be almost a bust when it came to running. I packed both road and trail shoes, had gear for all elements, but eked out only two short runs (though it was at high altitude and on hills). Needless to say, my hopes of getting back out on the trails there were never realized.
The week after we got back did not offer much hope of my running coming back, but this week I hope I have turned a corner. I have inspiration again. My wife and I have decided to organize a race next August in memory of Everett, with all proceeds going to a charity that deals with stillbirth. I'm excited and a little nervous to take this on, but I think it will be a positive thing that we can have each year.
Now I just need to figure out how to organize this...
No comments:
Post a Comment