Saturday, June 17, 2006
running through the fort
I got up early for a Saturday...couldn't sleep, so started doing things and then decided to get my run in early. I had a meeting on cabinets down in Shellbyville at 10 am for Stephanie's grandmother's house. I have been helping on the design and the building "process" since the fire back in early January. While it was a terrible thing to have happened, it has been a fun and interesting process to go through. The house is on schedule - unfortunately it won't be completed until early August...but it will be worth the wait.
Anyway, I made up a new route to follow. It wasn't the most scenic, but it was different. I ran through the historic Fort Harrison proper - there is not much left and certainly not much to look at, but of course, the designer in me sees lots of potential. I ran from the back of my neighborhood through the East boundary all the way to the West boundary, all the while weaving through side streets. There was some nostalgia from the route, as some of it was the marathon course, but just a little.
A good run, shorter than I wanted (only 6 miles), but I ran out of time this morning. Maybe I'll get another run in tomorrow? Depends on the weather...Happy Father's Day to all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment