Saturday, November 11, 2006

just doing it

No, this isn't a Nike endorsement - I just wanted to announce that I got out yesterday to enjoy the wonderful weather we had been having (especially since I missed out on Thursday's weather). I went out and just ran. I probably ran too hard and too fast

No, I know I did, but I wanted to.

It was a rough week and it just felt good to go all out... well, as all out as I could go feeling as tired as I did. It just melts the stress away, so for me, it was a good thing.

I took today off to relax, sleep in, spend time with my wife (who almost forgot who I was) and not think about work. I think I did pretty good. I also got to see my nephews today. They are so cute - especially Ethan, who will be 1 year old very soon. He is such a happy little guy (as long as he is fed).

Tomorrow is a long run for me. I'd like to do 8 or 9 miles, but I am not sure. I think I will go out with the intention of running at least 5, and if I am feeling good, I will go for the 9. Then it will be off to work to work the rest of the day and start my week right where I left off. But I am going to try to run 5 to 6 days a week now no matter what my schedule is at work. I can afford 20 - 30 minutes a day to make this work, so why not? I have to thank fellow runner and blogger, Yumke for this idea. It all seems so simple, but for some reason I couldn't see it. As a runner I need to make the time because it IS part of my life and I want to keep it that way.

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

As soon as I made running just another part of my day on an almost daily basis, it seemed to come easier to me somehow. It's like showering and brushing my teeth. It's just a part of my day.

yumke said...

hey, it wasn't an original idea, but it's an easy one to stick to once you get into it!.. Hope the run went well