Monday, April 23, 2007

race for the cure 5k

It was a beautiful morning and there were tons of people. I was feeling tired and not up to the race, but I decided to run it anyway, as I said it was a beautiful morning...

I lined up at the back of the 8:00/mile corral (there were only three choices anyway - 6:00, 7:00 and 8:00) hoping I would not get passed by everyone. To my surprise, I did okay. I still felt sluggish, but I kept up with everyone, even passing some.

As the sun crept ever-so-much higher in the morning sky, it started getting warmer...any more and I would have been uncomfortable. Wasn't it just 30 degrees last week?!?

As I approached the finish I was able to push a little harder and finish strong. My overall time was 25:13, with an average pace of 8:07/mile. Not too bad for being tired, I guess. I immediately followed up my run with a drive down to my parents to try to finish installing the flooring. Unfortunately, something came up and I had to leave early... hopefully I'll be able to get that done soon...

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Congrats on the good race - I miss that one!

L*I*S*A said...

WOW...great time on that race!