Tuesday, August 28, 2007
week 10 recap
It was a great recovery week. I got all my runs in and all my mileage - I even added half a mile on Saturday's 14 mile run.
Saturday was a great day for a run - rain and all. Brooke joined me for my run and kept me company for all 14.5 miles. Had a great time catching up on everything. The rain was actually a nice distraction from the humidity, though I was drenched by the end of the run and my feet felt like they each weighed 10 lbs.
I was also able to finish another piece of furniture for the nursery this weekend. It was an end table/nightstand for next to the rocking chair. Steph helped out by painting the carved flowers on the front of the door to give it a little more girly look to it. I'll try to post photos of nursery soon. My remaining tasks are to add an overhead light and refinish a child's rocking chair. I am also helping Steph's sister and best friend with the baby shower - at least as much as they'll let me anyway :)
This week has me very busy at work and once again I will have to be flexible with my running schedule. Awaiting me at the end of the week are two things: a 5k run I almost forgot about and a 20 mile run... not sure how I am going to handle this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The nursery sounds great & its wonderful that its almost complete! I bet its adorable & she will just love it.
Can't wait to hear how your weekend run goes - Have a fantastic holiday weekend. Oh - do you want to run Monday (if you have the day off)at Town Run? I got a map & want to check it out before next Saturday's race. Call my cell if interested or I will try to get in touch with you.
Post a Comment