Tuesday, September 11, 2007

open letter to my body

Dear Body, You let me down on Saturday. Though you did get me through 20 miles, you were still conspiring with my mind to work against me. You have probably noticed that our last two runs were a little more work than usual. This is your pay back. I am upping the pace and proving that we can do this. Every time you let me down, I will come back stronger and harder - this I promise.

Monday you remained strong and averaged an 8:40/mile pace without any problem - even with some slight humidity left in the air, it was nothing compared to Saturday. This morning, even though it began to rain just as we stepped outside, you did not fail me. You started out stronger than I thought you could and you averaged an 8:29/mile pace. You are proving to me that I did not make a mistake by signing up for the marathon. With just under 6 weeks to go, you still have a lot to prove, but we can get through this together.

I hope we have an understanding from this point forward.

Your Truly, Dave

1 comment:

Arcane said...

Let us know if you get a response! :) Looks like the body is hanging in there.