Trying not to obsess, but just wanting the perfect racing conditions... always seems to be a week to two too soon or too late... oh well.
My final tapering is going well, though I must admit that I had a tough time keeping my pace slow during my run yesterday. I was closer to marathon pace for almost all seven miles of my run instead of just the two miles I was supposed to run. I think my body is ready to run this thing...
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
changes: some good, some not so good...
As I drove home this evening, I noticed a number of trees had changed color in just last last few days. It looks to be a very scenic marathon this year... this is the good.
Feeling inspired, I decided to drive by the start/finish area and noticed the tents were already set up as well as all of the port-a-johns lined up. I even noted that the arrows were painted on the pavement that direct runners and walkers alike on which way to turn. As a runner and a past and present participant in the race I am thrilled that it runs right through my neighborhood and right by my house. Seeing all of these things get me excited - even if there are some not so good changes - such as the weather forecast changing. And not in the direction I had hoped. I guess the good thing is at least the humidity will be lower than previously forecasted...
Trying not to obsess, but just wanting the perfect racing conditions... always seems to be a week to two too soon or too late... oh well.
My final tapering is going well, though I must admit that I had a tough time keeping my pace slow during my run yesterday. I was closer to marathon pace for almost all seven miles of my run instead of just the two miles I was supposed to run. I think my body is ready to run this thing...
Trying not to obsess, but just wanting the perfect racing conditions... always seems to be a week to two too soon or too late... oh well.
My final tapering is going well, though I must admit that I had a tough time keeping my pace slow during my run yesterday. I was closer to marathon pace for almost all seven miles of my run instead of just the two miles I was supposed to run. I think my body is ready to run this thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A few more days, lets hope it clears up. Good luck and have a good time reflecting on your great training. Any way to track you during the race?
Ahhh crap! Rain rain go away....
Can't wait for the race and the yummy cookout afterwards...
Good luck tomorrow! I hope Pftiz' plan has done you well!
Yumke - No way to track me - it is a small town race, but still well organized...I'll post as soon as I can afterwards.
Brooke - Looks like the rain has gone away!Yeah!
Fran - I truly believe Pfitz has improved my running. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!
Post a Comment