Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 x 1600 = 36?!?

So I started my 36 year on the planet with an easy run – 3 x 1600… what was I thinking? It turned into a great run. The air was cool and crisp this morning, so it helped motivate me to run well I think. I started out with an easy run for the first half mile, then right into my first 1600m at race pace, or actually faster – about a 7:30 pace… I guess things do get better with age. I finished the first 1600m and felt good, slowed down a little for a couple minutes, then started my second one (right on a hill no less). I made it up and hung on to the finish. I started my third and final 1600 on another hill (lost GPS signal for some reason) and held on to the end. The last one was definitely a little harder, but I still finished it at a pace well below my projected race pace. I finished up with an easy mile (8:30 pace) back home. Probably the best run I have had in a long time. This weekend will be a long one – probably shooting for 12 miles so I can get to a 14 mile run before the half marathon.
 
For now though, I am taking it easy today. I am still working, but will be going out for dinner tonight – nothing too fancy…
 

No comments: