Monday, September 29, 2008
Running Out of Time
Only 19 days until the Indianapolis Half Marathon!
In all honesty, I do not feel ready. I know I can run the distance - that's never been an issue, but somehow I do not feel ready. I've gotten most of my runs in - probably 85% or more, and all of my long runs. Last weekend's near-12 miler (11.7 to be exact) left me feeling good. This weekend's 15k not as much. I think it was in part to lack of sleep and eating lack total crap all weekend... needless to say I am back on the wagon of good healthy eating.
So where does this leave me? Probably running the half just to finish in a respectable under 2 hour time and no PR. That doesn't mean I won't try...
With summer officially over I am still not finding any time to get anything done. The armoire I started to refinish back in June(?) is still not done, but it is close. Just some paint touch up, and installing new hinges and knobs and it will be ready. In all honesty, if I had any time this past weekend it would have been done by now, but Saturday we all ended up sleeping in until 10am - unheard of in our house - particularly for Lilli and me. But I was exhausted and obviously needed the rest. This got us to a late start in the day. We had talked about going to the zoo, but decided to travel down to Nashville, IN to walk around. I guess we weren't the only ones with that idea because it was quite busy - and it wasn't even peak season yet. We visited some of our favorite places (mine being Jack and Jill's Nut Shoppe... mmmm... warm roasted cashews...). On the way back we stopped at the outlets and did some clothes shopping - I still had a little birthday money and needed some new stuff.
Sunday was my day for a run since I was too tired to get up early on Saturday... and apparently Sunday too. I got out by 10:30am and ran my 15k at a decent pace (supposedly - my watch is still being fixed and I have no GPS link). I estimated my pace around 8:29/mile. It felt slower. After my run I grabbed a quick bite of lunch and then mowed the neighbor's yard and ours. 3 hours later I was done and was just a bit tired - not to mention a little sore.
Quite a beautiful weekend though. I am actually looking forward to the cooler weather this week. I love autumn - probably my favorite season.
That's all for now - more later. Happy running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment