Sunday, September 07, 2008
Scheduling Snafu(s)
The name of the game is flexibility. Stuff happens - it's all part of Life. So as I have been trying to pull together a training schedule and stick to it the last 4 or 5 weeks, I have shifted days around and, unfortunately, have missed a day or two.
Am I worried?
No.
Do I wish I didn't have to keep shuffling my time around?
Sure, but I'm thankful I at least have that as an option.
So, the plan this weekend was to run 10k. The schedule actually had me in a 10k race - and there even was one, but I opted out of doing that race and decided just running 10k would be a good thing. As I was checking my upcoming planned races, I realized that the D.IN.O fall trail race series is beginning next weekend. What a great idea it would be to run my 10k on trails!
Honestly, I was happy to run anything as long as I got my mileage in at a good pace. I had it all planned to run on Saturday, but Life threw another curve ball at us.
Steph woke up horribly dizzy - more so than she had a previous mornings (we thought it was just sinus drainage or something connected to fluid in the inner ear). It was going away, so an appointment was scheduled with an ENT for Monday, but here it was Saturday and it was bad. So it was off to the Medcheck where she was diagnosed with "positional vertigo". So, with some medication, it was relieved slightly, but with a wonderful drowsy affect. The rest of Saturday was a wash, but not a waste. Unfortunately, I am still not getting ANYTHING done around the house that is on my list! I am threatening to take vacation to have actual free time to get stuff done... time is running out...
Today I finally got out for my run around 11am. I headed right for Fort Harrision State Park and ran the trails. I hadn't run the trails there since April, so it was great to get back to them. I didn't set any records on this run, but felt good when I was finished.
Later on today I was mentioning to Steph that next weekend was a trail run race that I was planning on doing. Unfortunately for me, she has an appointment that morning that has been scheduled for a month and a half... oops, guess I lose on this one. Looks like I'll have to miss this race... oh well, there be plenty more. Life goes on and so do I. I'll be back at it tomorrow morning if all goes well.
Happy Running...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope Steph is feeling better! Want me to bring over some soup?
Bummer on the missed trail run. I was looking forward to catching up with you. Maybe we can get together for a run during the week soon?
Post a Comment