Monday, October 13, 2008
Race Report: DINO Trail Run #6
Just a mere 5 days to go... I am not feeling prepared for this half. I can run it, sure, but I doubt that I'll be setting any PR's (which I really need). At least that is how I am feeling after my run on Saturday. It was the DINO Series Race #6 at SouthWestway Park.
It all began great. I met up with Brooke, whom I haven't been able to run with all summer. Our last run together was the Geist Half Marathon in May, so we had a lot to catch up on. I am pretty sure we did not have enough time during the drive there and back and all throughout the race. So, we'll need to try to get runs scheduled more often than every 5 months...
We began at what I considered a very easy pace of 9:00/miles, but around mile 2 or so, it seemed to get much harder... sure there was a huge hill, but even that shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but it definitely was work to get up it and left me feeling tired. The course itself was beautiful. Nice paths to run along and with just the one big hill, a somewhat challenging course, but not the toughest I've run on. In all fairness, I have only run trails once since the Dances With Dirt Race back in May, so I wasn't necessarily prepared for the race in terms of dealing with the terrain, but the distance wasn't a big deal.
Brooke and I kept up a conversation most of the time. John had started out with us, but he maintained the 9:00/mile pace and we didn't see him after mile 2 or so until the end of the race. We touched on quite a few topics, but it still seemed like we ran out of time to talk. It was a beautiful day out - sunny, blue skies and cool in the morning. A great day for a trail run.
We finished in a respectable 1:31 (John finished in 1:24) - so it wasn't a bad run, just not the pace I thought I'd be running - especially this close the the half marathon. I keep trying to tell myself that it is a different kind of running than a road race, so I guess we'll have to see in 5 days if I am right...
Labels:
Race Report,
trail run,
training,
update,
weekend run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment