Saturday, June 06, 2009
realizing some savings
It's an odd title perhaps, but that sums up what the last couple of days has been about...
First, let's rewind to the beginning of the week though to recap some actual running.
I was able to get out for a very brief 2 mile run on Monday after work. It was spur of the moment, but I left a little early, picked up Lilli from school and asked her if she wanted to go for a run. She replied "Yep!" So I got the jog stroller out we went. She l-o-v-e-s her jog stroller (or at least going fast). The run got shortened a bit because of dark clouds moving in fast, but any run is always a good run.
Tuesday I couldn't get out of bed to go for a run in time, so it had to wait until Wednesday. Got started a little late, but wanted 5 miles so had to make it quick. Long story short, natured called half way into my run and I was thankful I wasn't doing and out and back - only a mile away from home. whew!
Thursday was another "Lilli Day", so tried again for at least 3 miles. This time had to cut it short because someone was fussy... so we settled on 2.5 miles. I think she was hungry, at least when we got home she ate pretty well. So not an awful week of running, but I was hoping for a little better mid-week runs. I really need to get a training plan together soon!
Now, back to the last couple of days: Steph and I took Friday off because she had an endoscopy scheduled for the morning and she was sedated for the procedure and couldn't drive all day, sign important papers (these are the words on the form) or anything like that. So it seemed like a good time to take off and maybe relax a little. On the way back, we were driving in the neighborhood and notice a few garage sales, so we stopped on a whim. The first one had a "double wide" jog stroller, so clothes, toys and books. We looked at the job stroller a little while and weren't sure about it. It would be handy in the future if we have another kid, but it wasn't totally necessary to get. It was $20 and looked brand new. I offered $15 and she accepted. Score! Filled the tires up with air and took it for a stroller around the block later that evening. I think Lilli likes it more than her single-seater... it rides like a Cadillac.
Today was our neighborhood sale (which was why there were a few early ones). We looked around, found a couple of items, but nothing we were necessarily looking for. The one thing we wanted was a bike trailer for Lilli so we could all go out for a ride. The ones we had looked at at the stores were $100 - $120, so it wasn't going to happen any time soon unless we could find a used one. We decided to try another neighborhood that was also having a sale. The first place we drove past had one sitting in the driveway. I almost jumped out of the car to check it out. It looked practically new, had everything with it. I of course counter-offered, but they stuck with their price of $40 (still a great deal), so I said I'd take it.
This evening, the three of us took it out for a spin in the neighborhood and had a great time. I am not sure if Lilli liked it more than the jog stroller or not, but I think it's a winner. I think I could even enjoy bike riding again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool deals! Lets plan a ride on the monon or at the fort soon. The double stroller is a good investment. If for nothing else, it can hold her toys and a baby doll or 2.
Post a Comment