Monday, June 22, 2009
renewal
Perhaps my last entry was too negative. After all, running tends to have it's rough patches. This morning reminded me my running can be reaffirming. I started out at 5am, in the dark, heat and humidity. I didn't run at all this weekend, so I planned for a 7 mile run this morning (I know that's not really much of a long run to some), so I headed out at a comfortable pace. I felt pretty good actually, not tired or run down. I get 3 miles into my run and I see some lighting, hear some thunder, then it began a soft rain. It felt great, but seeing some more lightning kept me focused. I decided to head back home and see if it would pass. The rain kept me cool and just felt so good. I love the smell of a summer rain - it is so fresh. As I rounded the corner into my neighborhood, I could see the sun coming up behind all the clouds - a new day beginning... Just me and my thoughts... pretty cool. As I approached home, the thunder and lighting as well as the rain had passed, but I chose to end the run at 5 miles. I felt good, still could have gone a few more miles easily, but want to focus on running more consistently throughout the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment