Yesterday I took the time to clear some limbs from our weeping willow and got a swing hung up for Lilli. She got up from her nap and tried it out right away. Over a half hour later she was still in there swinging away, until it was snack time. It was still tough to get her out of the swing -- she loves the outdoors as much as I do, but we got her out. Hopefully we can go out for a bike ride today or just do some more swinging - anything to be outside...
Sunday, June 28, 2009
communing with nature
After a long hiatus from the trails, I was able to get out on them today for about a 7 mile run. I chose the one trail at the park that I normally avoid (probably because of the stairs) and ran it. I forgot how much I liked this trail. It winds along the banks of Fall Creek and is mainly flat until it reaches a series of stairs. I took them with ease and climbed up, up, up and then circled back down the other side of the trail only to do another lap. Second time was just as nice, stairs not a problem. My GPS couldn't synch so I never knew my distance for sure, but I went by time. I am not 100% sure of my pace either, but I at least ran a 10:00/mile pace. I finished and felt great - not worn out like I have been on previous runs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment