I opted out of doing a 5k race, instead hitting the trails for a more strenuous workout. Ended up slightly over 4 miles at an easy pace. Hills felt good surprisingly.
On a personal note, I actually made some progress this weekend on a project that I've put off for quite some time. We have a linen chest that we got with the armoire I finished last summer and it's been sitting in my garage all this time. The plan was to strip it of the layers of paint and refinish it for a toy chest for Lilli. We've been doing okay without it up to this point, but Lilli's toys are getting bigger as she does. So much of her little toys she played with as a baby are now boxed up, she's moved onto Tinker Toys and dollies. So over a few weekends this summer I've slowly gotten all the paint stripped off the chest. Yesterday I completed the stripping and sanded it and put a primer coat on the main chest. Still need to prime the top and the drawers, but if time allows, I might finish it up before she heads out to college...
No comments:
Post a Comment