Sunday, August 07, 2011

Marathon Training: Reboot

I got out for a run today. It was the worst run I've had in awhile.

Okay, it was the only run I've had in awhile, and the run before probably was the worst run (in terms of pain anyway). I planned to run 9 miles, basically an easy run to get back into. The humidity quickly sucked any energy I had, which was almost non-existent.

I ended up running a 10k. I suppose that's not bad for being off two-weeks. The good news is my back is fine. If anything the run seemed to keep it loose. I am a bit worried about maintaining consistency in my training. With so much going this month, it may be hard to get some of my longer runs in. I may just need to sign up with a running club to find people to run with to help me stay on target.

I am needing to tweak my whole training plan at this point. Running two days on the weekend isn't going to work, so I need to find my plans from past marathons and adapt what I have from this point out.

The good thing at this point is this coming week is an "easy" week -- the redo of the last week I ran. So, I will cap it off with another attempt at a 9 mile run, the dive back into double digit long runs form this point forward. Since I am taking a step back, I am now setting my sites on the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in November. It's a relatively flat course, so it might even be a little easier. I am still hoping to do the Indianapolis half marathon in October, and then if everything works out, the Tecumseh Trail Marathon in December. Big plans, but I hope I can make it all come together.

Hopefully, I will have more to report next week. Until then, keep on running...

No comments: