Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My morning run with my little boy

This morning, not unlike most mornings for almost the past year, I went for a run. I have a ritual of sorts that I go through.  I step outside and always look up to the celestial heavens and find the brightest star. For me, that is Everett looking down on me.

I feel a sense of comfort in this. And no matter how cloudy it is, I seem to always find a star.

It is a tough day today, as a year ago today was when our world turned upside down. This morning, there seemed to be a brighter star than normal - almost like Everett was telling me how proud he is of us for what we have done the past year.

And I will admit, I cried a couple of times while I ran. I still miss him very much. I wish he was really here with me, riding in the jog stroller just like his sister... in my hopes and dreams he did all of that and more before he was even born, which is why it still hurts a year later.

Tomorrow is Everett's 1st Birthday. We will be celebrating it by visiting the cemetary, a small birthday cake to name a couple of things, and I will be going for another early morning run with him.

No comments: