Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the weather is here

After a couple of days of nothing but rain, the last two days have been wonderful -- sunny and in the 70's. Unfortunately it has been humid, but nothing compared to Indiana humidity. Yesterday I got out for a quick run - about 4 miles. I ran past the Three Sisters Lighthouses and to the Nauset Lighthouse and back. It was the official start to my marathon training. Afterwards we spent time just sight-seeing. Saw the Cape Cod lighthouse in Truro, Mass, went to a winery and did some taste-testing :) A great day. This morning was cross-training, so I took a bike out for a nice short bike ride (30 minutes), but about 15 minutes into my ride, I got a flat tire. So much for my Boy Scout training (be prepared). My cross-training for the day was mainly walking the bike back for a total of 65 minutes of cross-training. It is off to the beach today to relax. Eating lots of seafood and loving it!

2 comments:

Trevor said...

Did you go to the truro winery like I did?

Dave said...

It was the Truro Winery I went to. Awesome place - great wines. My favorite was the Triumph (a wonderful red wine).