The past 18 weeks have been interesting. I have had times when I was feeling great and times when I was doubting my training. If I look back at all of it - the good runs outweighed the bad but the bad runs probably stick in my mind the most. Through all of this one thing remained constant - the support and encouragement of my wife, running/training friends and fellow RBF members.
My wife has allowed me to take the time to train for this marathon - even working out schedules around my weekend runs. There were times, I will admit, that it sometimes created a problem, but she knew it was important to me and we worked it out. I had to switch my schedule around to make it work when she couldn't and I was fine with that.
My friends whom I trained with and talked to about the marathon - Andy, Jason and Brooke. They gave me the excuse I needed to show up for long runs. I always thought I was the lone runner type, but honestly, I enjoy the company. As determined as I am during my training, running alone did not appeal to me a lot of the time. And I have to thank Brooke especially for giving me the idea to start up a blog. I never really expected that I would have others read it (because honestly - it isn't that interesting).
And my new friends - my fellow RBF members. All of you provided the motivation, inspiration and encouragement when I needed it. It wasn't always from getting a comment from you, though I admit it felt good to know others knew what I was going through and could relate or offer advice, but from reading your blogs I felt a kinship. It also helped to know other people - from all over and with different stories, goals and backgrounds were out there training for the same race. I wish you all the best... in no particular order...
- Yumke - You were the first RBF member to comment on my blog and I have enjoyed reading your blog throughout training and will continue to read it even when this is all over.
- Bob - your words of encouragement have been helpful and I wish to thank you for organizing a list of Chicago-bound runners/bloggers. I feel like part of a great family.
- Running Jayhawk and Out of Shape Guy - I have enjoyed both of your blogs and I'd like to thank you again, Barb, for the great "Ode to Chicago marathon Bloggers"
- Ryan - You are awesome. I respect your persistant training and know you will reach your goal to BQ!
- Lisa - I have enjoyed reading your blog as well. You have a great enthusiasm and I know you will do great in Chicago!
- Arcaner - Thanks for the words of encouragement just when I needed them. I have also enjoyed reading your blog and have found inspiration from it.
- Running Rabbit - Always an interesting blog to read. I have anjoyed your trials and tribulations over the last 18 weeks. I l look forward to reading more.
- Jason and Leah - You two are awesome! I find it amazing how you were able to make your training plan work. I struggled a lot with schedule and always got my runs in, but my mileage was not as intense. I think you guys will do great - I wish you the best. Thanks for the words of encouragement as well.
- Nicole - I wish you all the best. Congrats on the Saucony 26 too!
- And there are others that I have also started reading as well and I thank you all for your stories, because they have helped keep me going...
Here's to a successful Marathon for everyone!
2 comments:
Good luck to you too!
thanks dave! good luck in the race. glad to hear that the weather might not be sooooo bad!
Post a Comment