Friday, October 06, 2006

the week from hell...

It has been a rough week for me.

Not because of any pain from my 24 mile run on Sunday. In fact, I have felt great.

No, the week has been an extremely busy one for me at work. Early mornings and late nights. I am thankful that it is time to taper - it couldn't have come at a better time. The down side to this is that I am not getting any rest. I am actually exhausted and should be in bed. I need to relax, but before I do that I need to celebrate...

To Celebrate the taper, I am throwing a cookout for me and my friends. Nothing like Bob's Chili Dump - just a laid back get together with my fellow Indy Chicago Bound Runners. Andy, his fiance, Jason and his girlfriend are coming - unfortunately Brooke and her husband couldn't make it :( The weather promises to be perfect, so here's to week 1 of taper complete! Sunday I will get out for my 10 mile run. I plan on doing it at MP to see how it goes this time. I am almost nervous about the run because of how awesome the 24 miler was - I wouldn't want to have a bad run to break my confidence...

In 2 weeks I will be in Chi-town... can't wait!

No comments: