Monday, January 22, 2007

life or something like it

Running aside, it has already been another "stellar" start to a new year and it is only the 22nd of January... lots of personal and family issues to deal with and with the lack of running I have not had much of an outlet for what I can only describe as "feelings". You see, I am not an emotional person - I could probably be thought of as cold (if you didn't know me that is), but how I usually deal with stresses and emotions is through my running - I use running as some people use prayer. I won't go into any details, but things are looking better, but there are still probably going to be more ups and downs to deal with. I will cope, It is like the quote above my profile...

"A marathon is like life with its ups and downs, but once you've done it you feel that you can do anything."

Sorry to get all philosophical about stuff... now on to our regularly scheduled blog...

I got in a great run this morning - stronger and faster than my last few attempts. I wasn't even tired from staying up watching the Colts / Patriots game last night - and oh, what a game!

I am going to have to do something with my treadmill though. It is acting up more and more, almost to the point where I can't run fast enough on it now before it shuts off... looks like a call to the repair guy is in order... sounds expensive too...

My shoes came in and I picked them up on Friday night. I tried them out for a quick 3 mile run on the treadmill Saturday morning - unfortunately there's a little problem... They changed my beloved shoe and they do not offer it in a 4E width (yes, that is right, I have freakishly wide feet - I'll do very well in a triathlon when I try one some day - built in flippers and all), so I tried the 2E, as they measured so close to the old pair, but the toe box is much too narrow. So now I must find a new pair of shoes all over again... this sucks...

1 comment:

yumke said...

I hear what you're saying. Running is a huge outlet for me and I feel so bad when I have to skip one...