Tuesday, January 09, 2007

mission: possible

Today I ran.

It wasn't far.

It wasn't fast.

But I ran continuous for 30 minutes. The knee felt good. It didn't feel perfect, but it didn't hurt. I have some more healing to do before I can commit to a running schedule. So I think I am going to have to scrap the Spring marathon this year... besides I have a lot of other things going on in my life right now that need some attention - training would be very difficult.

On another note, my new shoes came in, so I went and picked them up. They fit great and feel great. I am anxious to try them out - but it will have to be on some flat, soft surfaces for awhile. I showed them to my wife and she just didn't get excited about them, which is shocking for someone who has a shoe in every style and every color in every style. I even said I could accessorize my shoes. See for yourself:

So...... while I won't be running with my power tools, I can look "f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s" while I work. Or, if the Dewalt Corporation is out there and looking for a spokes model - say your average guy / weekend warrior type - I am here. Call me. We'll talk.

2 comments:

yumke said...

I love those pictures side by side!..

L*I*S*A said...

Love those new shoes! I'm all about color on my sneaks, so those rock!!