Monday, March 12, 2007

back with a vengeance

I did my "recovery" run yesterday.

A recovery run from my "2.5 mile easy does it" run that turned into an "all I could handle run".

The good news: knee didn't act up the next day from it, so it seemed logical to try another short run, this time trying to keep my pace in check.

So I did the same loop. My time was almost identical, but this time I was consistent and I felt much better. The knee is doing alright so far. I remain hopeful, but since I just ran more Friday and Sunday than I did in the month of February (though it is a short month), I'll have to see if it proved to be too much.

But for now I am back. And thank you all for your well wishes!

P.S. Yes I am still a dork and have too much time on my hands. Just wait until my mileage gets back to where it was...

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

hahahaa. love it!

glad the knee held up okay.

Bridgette said...

In order for me to keep up - I think that you definitely need to give it a year or so to heal. :)