and don't forget about the hills...
First of all - Happy Easter to all!
Today was the day for my long run. I managed two runs during the week - a 3 mile recovery run on Monday and a 4 mile run on the dreadmill on Wednesday. Both runs were good - I felt good and the knee felt good. (I think I am going to keep commenting on my knee for a little while longer, but it seems that all is well and I am using caution during my runs - honest.)
It was another typical week for me up in Michigan on Wednesday and then up in Lafayette, Indiana on Friday. Didn't leave much time to get work done or any more runs in and it left me tired. I slept in until 10am on Saturday and I felt tired all day. I questioned whether I would feel good enough to run today, but when I woke up I was ready, but I took my time getting ready.
On the schedule was a 5 miler. My last 5 mile run was anything but great. I finished completely drained and thought I had reached my maximum endurance. Today was a new day.
I even decided that I would add some hills to my route, so I headed to Fort Harrison State Park and chose the Delaware Trace Trail Loop where I could run amongst the trees. At first I thought I would do two laps to get my 5 miles in, but after the first lap I didn't want to repeat the hills again - trying to be cautious...
I finished my run strong and felt good. And when I checked my splits I was pleasantly surprised...
- Mile 1: 9:04/mile
- Mile 2: 9:01/mile
- Mile 3: 9:05/mile
- Mile 4: 9:11/mile
- Mile 5: 9:01/mile
Pretty consistent and the pace felt relatively easy - even on the hills.
It was a good run - just what I needed.
The weather looks like it will be warming up during the middle of the week to the low 50's. I can deal with that. Below freezing is just not right for this time of year...
More changes are coming into my life and my fall marathon plans will probably be changing, not to mention my running in general. But it will all be good. I will reveal more later on... until then, Happy running to all!
4 comments:
Oooo, I can't stand the suspense..what are the major changes?
Great run, too. Your pace is so nice and even!!
I am jealous (but happy)that you did one of the trails at the fort!! We need to get together this week or weekend & do some of the other trails there. I could stand to do a long run with more scenery than the green walls in front of my dreadmill. Happy to hear your knee fared well & you Easter was joyous!!!!!
Okay, know I want to know what your plans are too...
OK - someone needs to tell Indianapolis that Bridgette is coming back on Saturday. There will be an AM training 15K race that needs to be completed and I don't want it to be freaking 40*!!
Post a Comment