Next week is a tough schedule for me... I'll start out with a 5 mile recovery run mixed with 6x100m strides, then I will follow that up the next day with a VO2 max workout of 10 miles with 4x1200m at 5k race pace... Wednesday I am out of town, so no running for me then... I finish up the week with a 10 mile run Thursday, then a 4 mile recovery run Friday and capped by my last 20 mile run on Saturday. Then it is all taper after that... oh boy, this marathon is coming up quickly...
Sunday, September 23, 2007
week 14 recap... 4 weeks to go
It was a decent week of running for me. I got all my runs in and felt good for all of them. Yesterday's 17 miler was no exception. I started out at 6am and got my first 5 miles in by myself, running right around marathon pace... not planned, but it felt good. I met up with Jason and a couple of friends we had run a relay race with back in July. John and Andrea ran the first 7 miles with us - it was a nice relaxed pace. We ran on the half/full marathon course for a little practice - especially on the hills. No problems, the hills actually felt pretty easy (though the second time around they were a little more difficult). All in all, my average pace for the 17 miles was 9:31/mile - right where I wanted to be for this run.
During our final 5 miles, Jason and I saw Brooke and her husband Keith looking like they were just getting ready for their run... we shouted out hello and kept going (hopefully we didn't offend them by not stopping - I had to be back home in time to get cleaned up to go down to Steph's grandmother house to do some landscaping... )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The last 20 miler is already here? Wow, you're really approaching the taper fast..
oh, you know me - so easily offended!! We were just ending a short run before heading down south for a hike in the HNF with friends. You and Jason were men on a mission! WAY TO GO! Thats a great idea to run with multiple people. Is Jason training for a race?
if you are running Sunday before the shower, let me know and I will join you.
Post a Comment