Friday, October 19, 2007

'twas the night before marathon...

and all through the house,

Dave was excited,

annoying his spouse.

The weather looked better than ever before,

now Dave will try to run it in under four...

Yes, that's right, the weather is about as perfect as it can get... no worries except that I do not have any excuses for not running a good marathon tomorrow. It is just over 12 hours away, but for the most part, I am actually calm - not like I have been for any other race. So I guess that means I am as ready as I can be.

Tonight, Steph took me out to carb load at Maggiano's. I had my favorite spaghetti and meatballs dinner and lots of water. Afterwards, I headed over to packet pickup and expo. It isn't much of an expo (not like Chicago or the Mini-Marathon) but it is a nice, quaint expo - very small town - and I mean this in a good way. The whole race has that feel to it which is why I like it so much - plus it was also my first marathon, so it is special in that way too. After I got my packet I came right home and now I am preparing to go to bed early - all of my racing gear is out and ready.

So stay tuned for the race report soon to follow. Results will be posted HERE.

P.S. Bib #809

1 comment:

yumke said...

Good luck Dave! The weather looks just about perfect... The training is now done.. now it's time to race!