It certainly felt like a taper week this week. I got in my runs and felt a desire for more... strange considering there have been runs over the last 17 weeks where I couldn't make the mileage due to time or just had a bad run.
Today's run was an amazing opposite from last weekends hot and humid run... once again, congrats to all of you who ran Chicago last week - whether you were able to finish or not you are all superstars.
Looking back, it has been quite a roller coaster - seemed like a lot of bad runs for quite a long time and it seemed that I was always behind or out of sync with the training program. No doubt about it - Pfitz is tough and requires a lot of discipline. I feel better having gone through it even though I probably accomplished 85% of it... I feel more prepared than I have in previous years, but I am not sure how or why exactly. I have not compared my training plan from last year to this year, but I am pretty sure I ran more miles than I ever have in any training.
Yesterday I got a belated birthday present / early marathon present from Steph... a new running shirt personalized just for next Saturday...

1 comment:
rest up this week. you've put in the work and all the best as you near race day.
personalized shirt! nice!
Post a Comment