Saturday, February 16, 2008
Enjoying the weather
I was actually able to get out for a run today. It was beautifully sunny, temps right around 42 degrees and a slight breeze. I began my run just like last weeks - starting with paved surface and then changing shoes and switching to the trails. I did find myself overdressed about 2 miles into my run, luckily it was only my hat and gloves that needed to be removed. I kept a good pace for the first part (8:50/mile) but found myself very slow on the trails (closer to 9:50/mile). I think the fact that they were snow covered still and there were a lot of hidden wash-outs from the previous weeks rains made for my slower pace... but I was sure feeling drained by then end, so maybe it was my overdoing it during the week. Overall mileage for the run: 7.5. I am not even sure where I am supposed to be for training for the half marathon in May. I don't think I am as close as I should be, so I may need to re-evaluate.
That is all for now. Happy running...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment