Monday, November 01, 2010

the run that almost didn't happen

After a week of almost no running, I was determined to start the week (and month) off with a run. It didn't begin well this morning when the alarm went off and I could not get out of bed, but plan 'b' was enacted and I packed my clothes and took them to work with me with plans to run at lunch time.
It was a busy morning - one meeting after another and I had a million things to do today, so I almost caved and didn't go for a run, but at the last minute I got out of my chair and walked out of the office, deciding that my run was every bit as important as work. And you know what? It is. I mean, the week I didn't run I was miserable. I did not sleep well, I was stressed and felt uninspired. So what I really needed was a good, hard run. So I headed to the gym in the office park, got on the "dreadmill" and hammered out almost 4 miles on a hill routine. I ran until I was tired, then ran some more. It felt so good when I was done.

No comments: