Wednesday, September 13, 2006

7 mile tempo run

Decided I needed to leave early from work to get in my 7 mile tempo run tonight. I conviced Jason to do the same. I "tried" to leave right at 4:30, but as soon as I did someone came up to discuss a project. I was there all day, but they chose then...oh well, it was just a few extra minutes... I got to Jason's a few minutes late, then changed and it was out the door to the Monon. The nice thing about running from Jason's is that his condo is right near mile marker 3.5. We ran from there up north to mile marker 0 and back. As we started we both felt pretty tired, but our pace was right where we needed to be and fairly consistant throughout. I thought we had picked up the pace on the second half, but it apparently was the fact that it was just more effort...maybe it was due to the rain that came down from the half way point all the way until we got back -- the sun came out just as we finished. Here's how we did:
  • Mile 1: 8:38/mile
  • Mile 2: 8:45/mile
  • Mile 3: 8:55/mile
  • Mile 4: 8:34/mile
  • Mile 5: 8:48/mile
  • Mile 6: 8:45/mile
  • Mile 7: 8:45/mile

Overall time: 61:10 --- Average pace: 8:44/mile

3 comments:

Triseverance said...

Digging the new look, and kudos on the tempo run.

Nic said...

Nice job on that run. I "tried" to leave work early yesterday to get a long run in, as well, but I apparently didn't try hard enough... Oh well. Today is another day!

Bridgette said...

Wow, you guys are so fast!!