I had a good tempo run on Tuesday night. I switched my schedule due to another all day trip to Michigan. I wasn’t sure I was ready for it after the 23 miles on Saturday, but with two whole days of rest my legs were feeling just fine.
I met Jason at his place after work – once again I was detained longer than I had expected, but only by 40 minutes.
We started out easy, just trying for a 9:00/mile pace so we wouldn’t go out too fast and have to adjust our pace the entire run.
The last couple of miles were starting to feel a little bit like work, but my legs never felt tired. A great run for both of us, and Jason’s best run in a long time. A good confidence booster…
Here are our splits:
- Mile 1 – 9:07 (taking it easy)
- Mile 2 – 9:06 (still taking it easy)
- Mile 3 – 8:45 (right where we were supposed to be)
- Mile 4 – 8:28 (picked up the pace – felt good)
- Mile 5 – 8:25 (on cruise control)
- Mile 6 – 8:26
- Mile 7 – 8:29
- Mile 8 – 7:40 (nice way to finish – felt good)
Average Pace: 8:33/mile
I plan on a short recovery run tonight and then cross train on Friday. Then it is time for a 14 mile MP run on Saturday…only 14 miles…piece of cake…
Oh yeah, by the way – only 30 days to go… bring it on…
No comments:
Post a Comment