Tuesday, September 26, 2006
the downward spiral
The last three days (so far) have not been good. After my lackluster week last week, I started off this week still wrestling with my work schedule and my training. Work is winning right now :(
I was up late on Sunday night reviewing some drawings for another project, then I had to wake up early - 4:30 am to get to work at 5:00 am (which is some sort of record for me) to find out that I wasn't needed for an early morning meeting that required an hour of travel time. I was relieved to not have to go, but I was exhausted. To make up for my early morning, I planned to leave at 4:00 pm. Well, 4:00 pm came and went and I didn't leave until 6:30 pm. My run I had scheduled for yesterday? Nope. Didn't happen...grumble, grumble...
The schedule for today was another early morning meeting - this time even earlier. It was scheduled for 6:15 am... yeah, right. I got up at 3:30 am this morning (yes, this is considered morning), got ready and got to work by 4:30 am. No cars there yet, but I was a little early -- We wouldn't need to leave until 5:00 am to make it there for the meeting. I apparently didn't get the memo because no one showed up at work... grumble, grumble. The meeting is still happening, but I will be missing it. Had I known that I would be traveling solo, I could have gotten a little more sleep and left right from home... grumble, grumble...
I am leaving in a half hour to go to the next meeting (there is a series of meetings throughout the day - all of which I will need to attend). I am hoping to be able to get home at a reasonable time tonight and get my run in that I missed. Now is not the time to let my training slip - I have put in way too much effort and made too many sacrifices... it is now less than 4 weeks away...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment