Tuesday, July 17, 2007
break on through to the other side...
I began my week without any expectations. On the schedule for Monday was a 7 mile LT run with 3 miles at half marathon pace.
When I started out, my pace was 10:18/mile...much slower than I thought and it felt faster than that. The plan was to run the first two miles nice and easy (no problem there), then run the next three at half marathon pace (which I am not sure what that really is, so I guessed at around 8:30/mile). As soon as I hit the beginning of mile 3 I picked up the pace - surprisingly effortlessly. I wasn't sure if I could manage it for all 3 miles, but before I knew it I was there. Then I tried to slow down, but it didn't happen as easily as I thought. my last 2 miles were still sub-9's.
So, a little redemption for me and a nice way to start out the week. A nice recovery run tomorrow morning then 8 miles on Thursday. So far so good...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to kick butt! see, its turning around all ready!!!!
Post a Comment