Friday, July 13, 2007
we interupt this training schedule to bring you...
LIFE
It has been awhile since I have blogged... life seems to be getting a little out of control - or at least not as orderly as I like things. Everything has its place you know. My running was going well last week. I got all my runs in, went to dinner on Friday night where I ordered a pasta dish that apparently did not agree with me at all and left me hurling all night. Needless to say, my 14 mile long run the next day did not happen, nor did it happen the next day. A big "bagel" for mileage this past weekend.
Then my work schedule kept me from getting any runs in early on in the week. I was up early to go to Michigan Monday morning, not getting back until 11pm, then up at 4:30am on Tuesday to go to an early meeting, working late to try to "catch up" which didn't do any good. Then it was up early again to go to Michigan on Wednesday, getting back around 7pm, but feeling so incredibly drained that running would not have been a good idea. I literally had no time to get a run in. It has left me stressed out and reconsidering running a marathon this fall. I do not like it when I fall short of my goals and I really do not like missing any of my runs.
After my day at work yesterday, I left just a few minutes early to get home a go for a run. I needed it, I needed an outlet for my stress and frustration and running was my only hope. I headed out to the park and settled on 7 miles. I was ready to get started and went to get my watch ready when I realized I had forgotten it at home... just one more small thing to piss me off. I shrugged it off and decided to just run - to hell with time. I knew the distances, so that wasn't a big deal. I headed out and just ran. It was me and my music, running as hard as I could, charging hills and trying to pick up the pace whenever I could, leaving my stresses behind me - kind of like that Propel commercial with the song "Pressure" playing in the background (which is a great song to run to BTW) .
So, I am struggling to get back on track, but am finding myself falling further and further behind in my mileage. I am going to rework my schedule once again to attempt to get "caught up" before the weekly mileage really climbs.
I have some baby news updates, but will save it for another post. I'd rather keep my dismal running performance separate from that stuff. Until then - just keep on running - I'll catch up with you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Work sounds hectic. Hopefully things will ease up for you. Don't worry about missing the runs.
Post a Comment