Thursday, July 19, 2007
easy 8
I got my 8 miles in this evening. There was a chance of rain, but when I started it only looked a little cloudy, but it was still sunny and humid. At the half way point the dark clouds rolled in and the wind picked up. I seemed to be staying in front of the clouds, but they soon overtook me and my pace picked up trying to beat them home, but honestly was looking forward to running in the rain again. With about a mile left to go, it did start to "try" to rain, but it never amounted to much more than some scattered large drops.
I finished up in a decent time (74 minutes), averaging a 9:16/mile pace... felt good for the run. Things seem to finally be coming together for me.
Tomorrow is a 3 mile recovery run, so I hope to get back on the trails for this one. It has been quite a while since I have had the opportunity to run some trails, so it should be a nice change of pace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment