Wednesday, August 23, 2006

early morning tempo run

I'm leaving to go up to Michigan again today, so it was up early (not 4:30 this time) and out the door for a 4 mile tempo run in the dark. The pace was supposed to run between an 8:45 - 8:50/mile pace, but I was pressed for time and my addrenaline was flowing that I ran it faster. My recovery run on Monday ended up being more of a tempo run as well - and it felt pretty good. I'll have to take it a little easier on my next run so I can be ready for the 19 miler that is waiting for me this weekend... Here's how this morning's run went:
  • Mile 1: 8:24/mile
  • Mile 2: 8:23/mile
  • Mile 3: 8:24/mile
  • Mile 4: 8:18/mile

On another note...Holy Crap! Only 60 days until the marathon!

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Wow - you're doing great!

Triseverance said...

60 DAYS!! DID YOU SAY 60 DAYS!! F*&#.....Nice four miler.

Ryan said...

Nice tempo 4-miler. Hope the 19-miler went well for you this weekend. It was really humid here today. Keep your focus.