Thursday, August 31, 2006

tight schedule and tempo runs

After a very long day on Wednesday, I got back to the office at 7pm and was able to change clothes and leave by 7:30 to go for my 6 mile tempo run. I was feeling extremely tired on the way back, but when I got to the running path, I felt great. I took off in a flash - going way too fast for my first half mile, I tried to slow down, then I could not keep my pace steady - it was all over the place for the entire run. I was able to run just a little faster than the 8:45 I was supposed to maintain. Today was almost a carbon copy of yesterday, but not as early of a morning and not as late of an evening. Got home and did my recovery run on the 'mill - felt pretty good still. I am hopeful for a good 21 mile run this weekend...I think the weather will be nice... My splits:
  • Mile 1: 8:17
  • Mile 2: 8:48
  • Mile 3: 8:28
  • Mile 4: 8:30
  • Mile 5: 8:37
  • Mile 6: 8:13